Last night at knitting circle I was giving an oral inventory of works in process and realized that I really need to make a list. I had hoped to have photos but some of them are not nearly to a point where photos would be interesting.
So… the list:
- A knitted blanket for my cousin who is graduating from high school next month and going to the University of Kentucky in August. I can’t put my hands on the pattern right this second. I am using size 10.5 circular needles with a 40″ cable (Bryspun needles which I love). I am using Fantasy solid color yarn for the blue and I can’t remember the yarn brand for the white stripes. I’ll edit this later to add it. Fantasy’s white yarn looks kind of dirty so I opted for a different brand. I love the feel of the Fantasy which is 50% nylon and 50% acrylic.
- A wrap for a friend. I’m using the recommended yarn and hook. It’s about 1/5 completed. It’s gorgeous.
- A flower scarf from this project. I will be using stash yarn in all kinds of varieties of blues, pinks and purples. I’m stuck at the moment but hope to spend some time figuring out the joins (sorry, that’s database speak but it applies here, too) this week or weekend.
- The Fantasy Shawl using Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo yarn in a luscious blue. It has a great sheen that I think will really make this shawl amazing. I haven’t technically started this but I’m counting it anyway.
- A bookmark for a friend’s daughter after a special request. I’m making it with Sugar Rush yarn which is made from sugar cane and which feels so good you think you’ve died and gone to heaven. That’s crocheted, by the way.
- A baby blanket (I’ll link to the pattern later) for my hair stylist’s baby-to-be. I love the pattern which has a kind of vintage feel to it. It is crocheted.
- A knitted ribbed scarf which was going to be for me but is just so perfect for a co-worker it will go to her for Christmas.
I think that’s all that’s in the active list at the moment. I really want to spend a lot of time on all of these in the coming days. The last week has been short on knitting/crochet time and what time there has been has been spent mainly tearing out the damn blanket for my cousin. It finally seems to be working okay so I have my finger’s crossed on it.
Peace out, peoples!